Sea Containers: Beautiful, Bottomless and not as expensive as you might think!
I just HAVE to tell you about my recent brunch at Sea Containers! Some serious sophistication on the Southbank that’s for sure.
I’ve decided hotel restaurant brunches may just be my favorite, especially for girl gang days out. I think it is walking through the lobbies, it’s just glam isn’t it? Sea Containers is in the BEAUTIFUL Mondrian Hotel – quick shot of the lobby looking all smooth before we continue:
But yeah, the Restaurant itself follows suit with the amazing views out over the river and general dreamy ambiance. I can’t really describe it without using the word sophisticated again even though I used it earlier (tried to thesaurus it but “worldly” or “refined” just aren’t doing it for me) but everything from the colour scheme to the open kitchen layout is just crisp and right. You feel special walking in, it’s the perfect place for a special occasion – especially if you are a group 40 something yummy mummies apparently, who seemed to be occupying all the tables around us with their glam blow dries and “you would be perfect for my son” comments.
The menu really does have something for all at varying price ranges too, which was ideal for us, as with a big day of girly activities lined up we wanted to be cost savvy.
We went for:
- Bottomless Prosecco (duh)
- 2x Boston Beans for Cat and Becca
- Crab Omelette for Nicole
And for me…..
- Well the Egg Sammy had my name written all over it (FYI I am Sam)
- We all went for pretty normal breakfast options, but they were done so very right.
- For bigger food I would fully suggest mixing and matching the menu for a starter/main combo….as you can probably see that crab omelette could be eaten in approx. 5 bites. Nicole kept a brave face mind you insisting she was “fine” with it which to me states the taste was worth it!
- I mean looking back at the menu now I am sad with myself for not picking some different options HELLO The Reuben or Breakfast Burrito. And seriously need to bring someone with me who doesn’t mind drinking 800 cals in one sitting for a hard shake!
Speaking of healthy eating, see below the dessert menu (please ignore my ugly unpainted finger nails ew me). We did the standard girl thing of insisting we all share just the one Banoffee Pie. BUT then we ordered another….the photo explains all:
Brunch is served at Sea Containers 12-4pm every Saturday and Sunday.
It is a popular place so would 100% suggest booking a table before hand BOOK HERE