So our first post is a local brunch for us, Chuck burger bar. Now Samantha is actually on holiday at the moment tanning it up in Bali…literally don’t, it rained today..a lot, so I went to this one with my friend Vicki and I’m sure Sam will be back with half a dozen brunches she’s tried out there.
So first things first, Chuck is in Hatch End, North West London and is actually a burger bar which does a sweet buttermilk chicken burger but that’s not what we’re here for. The vibe is very casual, cool artwork, leather stool vibes and today, I also found out they store their alcohol in a treasure chest that is the sofa.
Right so, what did we order:
Drinks: Mocha, Bucks Fizz and some Tap Water.
Food: Mixed Berry Pancakes with Maple Syrup and Truffle Egg and Toast with Gruyere Cheese, Asparagus stems and extra Maple Smoked Bacon ooh.. and truffle oil.
So presentationwise its probably not the most attractive plate I’ve seen and we had to jazz up the pancakes with my bacon but tastewise, it was really quite great.Truffle oil will really upgrade any brunch lets be honest and the pancakes, well Vicki assured me they were really great, “like 4.5 out of 5” great but probably could’ve done with more than one berry since she did order mixed berry pancakes.
We were quite unlucky and there was a table of about 8 babies (with adults of course) in the restaurant at the same time who’s crying more or less drowned out the cool-vibes acoustic CD they had playing but hey, on a positive note, at least we weren’t hungover.
Things to keep in mind
- This is probably a brunch for casual get together girls and boys and won’t break the bank
- You can’t book a table for groups of under 8 so I would go before 12.30 because it was VERY busy around 1pm.
- It’s on a highstreet but you can park on a number of roads nearby
- It is not a brunch you need to get dressed up for..unless you really want to of course. I wore a t-shirt, leather culottes, white Stans and Vicki wore boots, black jeans and a t-shirt.
- The also have a bottomless prosecco option for £15pp and really good milkshakes.
So definitely give it a try if you’re in the area or they have a restaurant in Spitalfields and Canada Water aswell.
Website: Chuck Burger Bar